AKC at the Grand American
12/28/2006 4:36:34 PM
Jounrnal entry for December 28, 2006
Once again the AKC Coonhound Events Management Team will be attending the Grand American Coon Hunt in Orangeburg, SC. We'll be there all three days, January 4,5, and 6 and look forward to seeing you there. We'll be in our usual spot in the Vendor's Barn and will be offering a special Remington promotion for all that stop by.
Part of the promotion will be the awarding of special Remington logo items as door prizes for those that stop by to visit.
We'll have a drawing every 15 minutes for one of the cool AKC/Remington hats that you see here. Stop by and drop us your name and address and we'll put your card in the draw box. Every 15 minutes we'll pull a name out of the hat. You can stop by any time during the day to see if you are a winner and pick up your hat if you are.
Bonus drawing! We'll have some special Remington door prizes to be drawn each evening at 5:00 PM when the Vendor's Barn closes. You don't have to be present to win. We'll see that you get your prize.
So, stop by and let us tell you about all the exciting new AKC programs that we have for you this year or just to say "Howdy." We'll be more than happy to see you!
With the new programs that we’ve announced such as our “Hunt for the Truck” and our “Black Gold Bench Show Spectacular,” hunters will be able to reap the benefits of the national promotions without traveling all over the country. Gasoline is still more than $2.00 per gallon and travel is expensive any way you look at it. All AKC events participate in these contests and that makes it good for the average coon hunter and for the clubs and that’s our goal.
"Benefit" has become a byword here at the New AKC. Here are just a few examples:
1. St. Jude "Decatur County World's Largest Coon Hunt" Benefit - AKC coon hunters helped this amazing charity to surpass $3 million in donations in 2006 with more to come in 2007.
2. 4-States Cystic Fibrosis Benefit in Atlanta, Texas with more than 1/2 million dollars raised to date, is now an AKC event and will be held on February 23 and 24 in Atlanta, Texas.
3. The "Hannah's Helping Hands Benefit for Juvenile Diabetes" is now an AKC event and will be held March 16 and 17 in North Carolina.
4. The High Oaks Coon Club's St. Jude Benefit and Tennessee State Championship which annually raises nearly $30,000 for St. Jude Children is now an AKC event and will be held next October in Newport, Tennessee.
5. The innaugural "Toys For Tots" benefit in North Carolina that raised several hundreds of dollars worth of new toys for needy children this Christmas.
And now, the AKC World Coonhound Championship will be a benefit for the newly formed Hoosier Tree Dog Alliance and will be held October 1 through October 6 in Greensburg, Indiana.
AKC is making a difference for coon hunting and coon hunters as well as those less fortunate than ourselves. We appreciate all of you who make that possible.
We’ll see you next week at the Grand American!