EZ Point System
Beat The Dogs You Draw!
When a cast winner is determined and wins their cast with plus points these wins are recorded on the dog’s record and work towards earning a title. When all title requirements are met a title is automatically issued. In addition to that, when a dog wins their cast with plus points there are additional points outside the title structure that are tabulated in the National Race.
Here’s How It Works:
- For each cast win with plus earned, points are awarded.
- Point values are based on total dogs entered in a hunt.
- Point Values for Youth and Senior Casts are based on total dogs in those cast types.
- Point values will fluctuate and change at each hunt depending on entries.
- Equal number of points are awarded to each cast winner with plus at each hunt.
- The point value amount for 1 hour hunts typically held during the week will always be determined by taking the total number of dogs entered and dividing it by the total number of casts.
- A higher point value will be earned on 2 hour hunts held on Friday and Saturday.
- The point value amount (for Friday/Saturday) hunts will always be determined by taking the total number of dogs entered and dividing it by the total number of casts and then multiplying by 2.
- Hunts with a run-off round will be treated like a second hunt and allow another opportunity for the cast winner to accrue points if the cast was earned with a plus score.
(total dogs)/(total casts)=point value
if a 2 hr hunt do the same just x2:
(total dogs)/(total casts)x2=point value
1 HR HUNT:
A Tuesday night, 1 hour hunt has 7 dogs entered and 2 casts.
7 divided by 2 = 3.5
The cast win point value = 3.5 so all cast winners at this hunt receive 3.5 pts.
2 HR HUNT:
A Saturday night , 2 hour hunt has 7 dogs entered and 2 casts.
7 divided by 2 = 3.5 (x 2) = 7
The cast win point value = 7 so all cast winners at this hunt receive 7 pts.
EZ Points will not be received at events where dogs must qualify.