AKC MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS
AKC Youth Scholarship
Calling all Youth Handlers To Apply For New AKC Scholarship !
AKC coonhound youth can apply for a new scholarship that will be awarded this spring!
Deadline to apply is March 6th!
AKC is pleased to announce the creation of a $10,000 scholarship fund for students that are active in AKC Performance Events who will be attending an institution of *higher education during the 2020-2021 academic year. Definition of Performance Events = Field trials, hunting tests, lure coursing, earthdogs, coonhound events, herding, scent work, and any Parent Club administered performance event that has been recognized by the AKC as part of the AKC Performance Events Title Recognition Program.
*Definition of a Higher Education Institution: Vocational school, two-year junior college program, four-year college program, or advanced studies beyond a four-year degree.
1. Applicants must be active in AKC Performance Events.
2. Applicants must be attending or planning to attend an institution of higher education during the 2020- 2021 academic year.
3. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Criteria for Awarding Scholarships:
1. Applicant’s degree of involvement in AKC Performance Events. Examples – handler, club member, assistance in hosting events, community involvement in promoting Performance Events.
2. Applicant’s higher education goals. (vocational/college)
3. Applicant’s financial need.
4. Applicant’s GPA.
5. Extracurricular activities – school, community related, youth organizations (4-H, FFA, Scouts, etc.)
How to Apply for this Scholarship:
1. Complete the Scholarship Application.
2. Submit a 250–500 word essay explaining how involvement in Performance Events has impacted your life.
3. Submit an official GPA transcript from current school.
4. Optional – documentation from club official describing applicant’s involvement with club.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 6, 2020!
For questions call 919-816-3909 or send to firstname.lastname@example.org